Here you can find information on residing in Haapavesi. There are various kinds of housing options available. You can, for instance, rent an apartment, buy a house or even build your own. Families with children benefit from the close proximity of day-care centres and schools.

Rental dwelling (vuokra-asunto)

Rental dwelling can be obtained from the agencies listed below.

Real Estate Haapa-asunnot Oy
Haapa-asunnot owns 348 apartments in Haapavesi. Majority of them are located close the centre of the town. Most apartments are single-storey terraced houses with their own yards, but there are also flats in apartment buildings as well as two detached houses. The sizes of the apartments vary from studios to four-bedroom apartments.
Address: Vanhatie 55 LH2, 86600 Haapavesi
Telephone: +358 44 7591 028
E-mail: haapa-asunnot@haapavesi.fi

TA-Yhtymä Oy
TA-Yhtymä rents 110 apartments in terraced houses located near the town centre. The sizes of the apartments vary from studios to the three-bedroom apartments.
Address: Rautatienkatu 28, 90100 Oulu
Telephone: +358 45 7734 3733
E-mail: info@ta.fi

Real estate manager Anri Kolehmainen
Anri Kolehmainen manages housing complexes owned by a senior citizens’ association of Haapavesi. Only senior citizens can rent these apartments.
Address: Kirkkotie 10 A 2, 86600 Haapavesi
Telephone: +358 50 302 7263
E-mail: anri.kolehmainen@asuntolandia.fi

You can also rent a house or a flat from private parties. You can look for a rental dwelling online on the websites Oikotie.fi and Vuokraovi.com. You can also find rental dwelling through local newspaper Haapavesi-lehti. You can submit your own advertisement or reply to advertisements posted by others.

Owner-occupied housing (oma asunto)

You can receive more information on buying an apartment or a house from local real estate agents.  

Land plots for building houses

If you want to build a house in our city, you can find information about the available lots from this page. The information is in Finnish.
Diana Seppä can give you more detailed information in Russian over the telephone: +358 44 7591 671.

Housing allowance (asumistuki)

General housing allowance is intended to help low-income households with their housing costs. You may receive general housing allowance for a rental or owner-occupied housing.

Housing allowance for pensioners is paid to pensioners who live alone or with a spouse/partner.

If you receive a survivor's pension and you are a student, you can choose whether to apply for housing allowance for pensioners or housing allowance for students.

Housing allowance for students is intended for students who do not have children and who live in rental, right-of-occupancy or part-ownership home. If you are not entitled to housing allowance for students, you can apply for general housing allowance, for example, if you wish to live with a child or if you live in an owner-occupied home.

Housing assistance for conscripts is intended for a person performing their service. Housing allowance can also be granted to a family member.

You can apply for housing allowance from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland Kela.

Tähtelänkuja 1
86600 Haapavesi

Further information: Housing allowance




TELEPHONE: +358 447591300


Our brochure